Sunday's Discussion Notes and Application
As we continue to wait for permission and instructions on when and how we can gather we want to seize the opportunities to more firmly root ourselves in God’s love while loving other as ourselves
- If you need help, encouragement, or hope text me @ 714.222.5551. Leave your name (first is fine) and a couple words of explanation. I don’t answer calls from those I don’t know, so text rather than call. We have – pastors, elders, deacons, LifeGroup leaders and others who are looking for opportunities to serve you.
- For encouragement we are doing daily devotionals (about 10 minutes), a weekly Zoom prayer time - Saturday at 7pm (email me for the link), and weekly recorded Sunday worship service with songs, sermon, and application notes. We also have weekly lessons for children (see links below).
- Our LifeGroup (adult, young adult (Amplify and Youth) leaders are staying in contact with Zoom. If you are not connected, please call them or text me and we’ll get you connected.
If this is the first time you’re reading this, here are some practical ways to help you seize the unique opportunities of these days, which we posted in March with the first order to ‘stay at home’.
- Rejoice, pray and thank God for this opportunity (1Thess 5:16-18).
- Set a daily rhythm for you and if you live with others, for your household. Determine when you will get up, when you get kids, youth, young adults will get up, when you eat, time to spend worshiping God together, educational activities, fun stuff, etc. This is one of the hardest and most important things we must do. It communicates that there is still structure and purpose. These days are not to be frittered away. Don't over structure, but don't fly by the seat of your pants. If someone is dealing with fear, this is part of a helpful antidote. God never expects us to worry about things beyond our control but to spend our energies in what we have control over, and this is especially true in our homes.
- Have special activities. We have some who come to the church parking lot, with bicycles etc.
- Call 1-3 friends every day to see how they are doing. If they have needs which are beyond your ability to meet, let us know and we would love to assist you in helping them.
Whatever is going on and however severe this is and is going to become...we will walk through this storm together and be the better for it!
And we know that God causes all things to work together
for good to those who love God, to those who
are called according to His purpose.