Another day for the Lord to write His grace and truth on our lives and build our relationship with Him and others. Thankfully we know that He is our Shepherd and therefore we do not lack anything we need.
With the new Orange County order which came out yesterday afternoon, here's how we are responding/seizing the opportunities:
- If you need any help, please call...714.222.5551.
- If you are fearful, please call your LifeGroup leader, pastors or elders. If you don't have their number, here is mine: 714.222.5551.
- We are putting signs up to let those who go by our campus know that if they need help they can call. We are giving them our church number and asking them to leave a message since the office is closed. Thank you to so many of you who have offered to help meet needs. Hopefully we'll be calling on you.
- We are praying, and encouraging each of us to pray that God will give us access to people who do not yet know Christ and are living under the condemnation of sin before God. We have the cure for the sindemic.
- We will not be meeting on Sunday, LifeGroups or other meetings, at least through the end of March.
- We will be uploading new videos on the website. I'm shooting for one each day to give a 10-15 minute encouragement from God's Word. So keep checking there.
Here's some practical ways to insure we seize the days at home:
- Rejoice, pray and thank God for this opportunity (1Thess 5:16-18).
- Set a daily rhythm for your household for the next 2 weeks. When you get up, when you get kids, youth, young adults up, when you eat, time to spend worshiping God together, educational activities, fun stuff, etc. This is one of the hardest and most important things we as household leaders must do. It communicates that there is still structure and purpose. These days are not to be frittered away. Don't over structure, but don't fly by the seat of your pants. If someone is dealing with fear, this is part of a helpful antidote. God never expects us to worry about things beyond our control but to spend our energies in what we have control over, and this is especially true in our homes.
- Call 1-3 friends every day to see how they are doing. If they have needs which are beyond your ability to meet, let us know and we'll figure it out.
Whatever is going on and however severe this is and is going to become...we will walk through this storm together and be the better for it!
And we know that God causes all things to work together
for good to those who love God, to those who
are called according to His purpose.